Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleeping Dogs

Some nights when I'm up after everyone falls asleep I wash eggs, or sweep, or e-mail, or read books, but not tonight. Tonight I'm bothering my sleeping dogs with my camera flash.

These are our dogs.

First we have my dog Piper. If given the option she would really prefer to be sleeping in our bed under the covers. I realize that this is ridiculous given that Piper is a 110 pound dog who can take up more space than I can our our full sized mattress. Which is why most of the time we make her stay downstairs on the couch.

I think Piper snuggles with the elephant she pulls out of the kids toy basket and hangs her feet over the edge of the couch so that she can try and look more pathetic when I walk past on my way upstairs. It doesn't work. The food bowl she is wearing as a hat tonight, that's a new one. I'm not sure what her plan is with that. But Piper is a crafty girl, she's probably up to something.

Storm on the other hand, she's not up to anything.

I'm sorry to report that sleeping upside down on the chair is a normal nighttime occurrence. Of course normal for Storm, isn't necessary, normal.

OK, John will yell at me in the morning if I'm not nice to his dog, SO, truth be told this isn't totally normal. If given the option, Storm would be sleeping upside down in the blue recliner, but there was a toy on it.

2 comments:

  1. How can Storm sleep with that foot straight up in the air? Does it fall down after awhile. Does she ever get the couch? Has Piper thrown over giraffes in favor of elephants? Does she pile drive the elephant if it gets in her spot? Why does she look so innocent like she'd never steal a meal off a picnic table or inflict large bruises on those who let her on the bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the elephant thing. Every time I catch Piper with one, I take it from her and whack her with it. I keep thinking that the indignation of being smacked with a stuffed animal will be enough to get her to stop, but no luck, she'd just obsessed.
    And yes, my goof-ball dog can sleep for hours with one paw straight in the air

    ReplyDelete