Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Lately I have been saying that I want to be the Dad. This is a comment I could elaborate on, but for fear of offending some of you (the Dads, sorry John) I'm not going to. I'll know that all the Mom's will know exactly what I mean and the rest of you will just have to use your imagination. I'm sorry about that but I like my husband and I want to keep him. Anyways where was I? Oh yes...

I want to be the Dad.

And that is the great thing about Mother's Day. It's like the Mom's get to be the Dad for a day, with the addition of flowers and chocolate, what could be better?? And again, I could go on and elaborate, but for the sake of my marriage, I'm not going to. I'm just going to say that today was almost (couldn't get John to nurse Clara today no matter what I did) like being the Dad, and it was wonderful.

It was not a picture perfect Mother's Day. I got breakfast in bed, but Ivy started out crying then dried her tears and ate most of my food while she told me what my present was before I opened it. We didn't get to do quite what I had hoped for the day, but we got needed projects done and had some fun too. It was a day of spending time with my family, (including my Mom, Happy Mother's Day Mom!) while dealing with a normal days up's and downs.
The part that made it different - it was almost like I got to be the Dad.

Thank you John for helping make my day special!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I wish I would have thought about this more. I would have let Jack change all the diapers!

    ReplyDelete